Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday Mooching

It's been a gentle and pleasant descent from the giddy heights of Christmas.
Some quiet pastimes have been embraced by all. Good ol' dress-ups reappear every holiday. I'm still waiting to see if the boys will do it this year on the cusp of teen- hood as they are.
There have been some good parties. This one knows how to celebrate in style. On finding her cousin's tap shoes at a party the other night, she proceeded to channel Liza and just a little Flashdance, I think. Dancing on chairs- who's child is this?!
Others took a more low key approach to being cool.

The big fella is, of course, raking and tidying and culling to within an inch of his life. A large chunk of 'underthehouse' went to the Salvo's in black garbage bags this morning and I still don't know what went. Is that some kind of stuffed toy karma?

More dress-ups with friends, family and associated gadgets which seem to have invaded our house this Christmas. We may have unleashed the contents of Pandora's beat box, I fear!

Some times they are still kiddy cute- making fairy gardens for the fairies. (In the hope they can get more lollies after eating all the Christmas booty!)

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the good old dress-ups..i loved them.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dress ups too. You have beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lala, please come to play and make me a fairy garden for the patio.
    That's where my fairies gather at sundown.
    By morning, nary a one to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lala, please come to play and make me a fairy garden for the patio.
    That's where my fairies gather at sundown.
    By morning, nary a one to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This time of the year I have no idea what day it is.

    Gardens look exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best bit. Drop in if you have time. You are most welcome!

Popular Posts